Doing business in Sri lanka
On January 29, 2015 by ADMIN
- The process of setting up a business in Sri Lanka is simple and take only a few days.
- A Company Formation take about 4-5 days from submission of application.
- There are permitted areas where foreigners could own 100% of the equity a company and there are some other areas where foreigners could hold upto 49%.
- There are restrictions on the ownership of land by foreigners or companies in which the foreigners own over 49% of equity. There are a few exemptions. However, foreigners can lease land upto 99 years.
- There is a special vehicle – a “one stop shop” Board of Investment of Sri Lanka where Foreigners can get the necessary approvals to set up a business establishment which include duty free project related imports & tax concessions under the tax laws.
- Visit the following web pages to get a comprehensive insight on doing business in Sri Lanka.
- A Step by Step Guide to Doing Business in Sri Lanka – Issued by the Central Bank of Sri lanka.